When a professional dental cleaning is warranted, your pet will have to be anesthetized to ensure his or her comfort, safety, and well-being. Before, during, and after a professional cleaning, you can expect:
- Complete blood work to check for problems and make sure your pet can safely undergo anesthesia
- A full oral examination
- X-rays of the chest and abdomen (depending on your pet’s age)
- A custom anesthesia plan (based on your pet’s age, risk factors, lab results, and level of dental disease)
- Fluids administered to prevent dehydration
- Fluoride treatment
- Continuous monitoring by our veterinary and technical team after the procedure to ensure a pain-free, low-stress, safe recovery
- A home dental care plan, including before and after pictures
If the veterinarian discovers dental issues above or below the gum, we may recommend dental surgery. Just as with cleanings, we use the utmost care in ensuring your pet’s comfort and safety during the procedure.
Compassionate care 7 days a week.
Since 1974, Union Lake Veterinary Hospital has been providing pets in Waterford, West Bloomfield, and surrounding areas with state-of-the-art care.
Please note: Our prices are subject to change. For the most up-to-date pricing, please call our office.