Compassion & Care as Your Pet Approaches End of Life
Modern veterinary medicine has made it possible for our pets to live longer and healthier lives. However, there comes a point when, due to either advanced age or the onset of a terminal illness, we have to accept the fact that our pet’s days are limited.
We understand how difficult it is to accept and cope with the fact that you are about to lose your loving pet companion. Let our trained and caring staff assist you in making your pet’s last days as comfortable as possible.
Services that Union Lake Veterinary Hospital can offer you and your pet during this difficult period include:
- Pain management — To treat any conditions that are causing your pet to suffer pain.
- Advice and help to assist you in making your pet’s remaining time as comfortable and normal as possible, as well helping you in dealing with the pending loss of your pet.
- When you feel your pet’s suffering or quality of life is such that euthanasia is necessary, one of our trained veterinarians will provide your pet with humane and gentle care accompanied by as little stress as possible.
- On-site cremation services are available for your pet’s remains following death.
- Our pet memorial wall is located in a peaceful meditation garden on the grounds of Union Lake Veterinary Hospital. For a small donation, you can have your pet’s name inscribed on this wall.
We understand and cherish the bond people have with their pets, and our staff strives to provide, with passion and compassion, the highest quality service for the highest quality of life throughout your pet’s time with you.