It’s hard to believe that 2016 is upon us already! We have had quite the year here at Union Lake Veterinary Hospital; busy, exciting, fulfilling, not without its tribulations but full of accomplishments just the same.
As we reflect on such an amazing year, we would like to take this opportunity to share with you, our ULVH friends and family, what we consider to be our most memorable moments from 2015:
Union Lake Veterinary Hospital’s 2015 Highlights
- Training staff members Melissa Fenstermaker (head trainer and instructor), and Becca Nugent (instructor) completed the Karen Pryor Academy Dog Trainer Professional Program. Our positive reinforcement-based clicker training classes have been a big success with pet owners.
- Our Animal Rehabilitation Center (ARC) team completed the Certified Canine Fitness Trainer Program through FitPaws training. This will enable us to further serve your dogs with cutting edge rehabilitation therapy, and elite exercise programs.
- Our ultrasound unit was updated and Dr. Erb, Dr. Nortarius, Dr. Liba, Dr. Reynolds, and LVTs Kate and Val completed their ultrasound certifications. Our new ultrasound capabilities mean better, faster diagnosis of many pet problems.
- We work to extend our service to your pets in as many areas as possible and are proud to report that many dogs and clients have been helped by Dr. Hawker’s work with behavior issues.
- We marched in the Memorial Day parade this year. What fun!
- It was so exciting to watch the many talented dogs and their owners who participated in our agility fun runs in October.
- We are thrilled to announce that we were able to rescue and successfully adopt out a number of stray dogs, cats, and kittens over the course of the year.
- Our Howl-O-Ween event of 2015 was a huge success! Over 90 dogs and their families stopped by to enjoy face painting, paw painting, doggie trick-or-treat, a pet costume contest, and more.
- Our Facebook page and YouTube account are crackling with activity these days. Be sure to check out the growing number of fun and interesting photos and how-to videos we have shared on social media over the past year.
- Dr. Liba is currently enrolled in chiropractic school and we are excited to now offer her chiropractic consulting services to our patients!
- Sadly, we had to say goodbye to our beloved clinic cat, Captain Jack, this year. We’ll miss you, old friend.
- We would like to extend our congratulations to several of our wonderful employees who celebrated milestone anniversaries of 10, 20, and 30 years with ULVH in 2015! We are so happy you’re a part of the team and we couldn’t do it without you!
All of us at ULVH are deeply humbled and grateful to be an integral part in the lifelong health and well being of your furry family. We wish you, your pet, and your family a happy and healthy 2016!