We continue to comply with the County Health Department’s Public Health Emergency Order. Some of the ways we comply include:
- Before scheduling any appointments, we are screening pet owners to determine their exposure.
- We also screen employees before the beginning of every shift to confirm that they are not exhibiting symptoms or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 symptoms.
- We pick up pets curbside and lead them into and out of the building using our own disinfected leashes. Call 248-363-1508 when you arrive. No personal belongings can be left with your pet.
- For cats, we disinfect the outside of the carrier before bringing it in.
- No clients or delivery people are allowed in the hospital. The only exception to this is euthanasia and the clients still need to have cleared the health questions.
- Once we have examined your pet, we will call using a Tracfone so please answer our call even if you don’t recognize the number.
- We are offering remote/Telemedicine appointments when possible.
- We hope to soon offer outdoor exams in tents for dogs who do better when they are with their humans.
- We also hope to begin allowing clients wearing masks into the hospital straight into the exam room (subject to change as it is a work in progress.)
- We properly use PPE when appropriate.
- We wash our hands thoroughly between patients.
- We thoroughly disinfect exam rooms between patients with a disinfectant labeled to kill coronavirus.
- We place food or medicine in a bin outside, allowing you to pick up your bag without contact.
- There is as minimal contact as possible between our staff and you.
We are making it as safe as possible for your pet to get the veterinary care they need during this COVID-19 pandemic. Thank you to everyone for your patience and understanding!